By manner of atmospheric synths and a pounding guitar, you have entered the haunting embrace that is Gregorio Franco. 2013 marks his inception into the world of Darksynth (merely a year after the genre was “established” in 2012), but the music does not start there. Over the last 5 years, Gregorio has been focusing on this project, his Dungeon Synth side project- DRONN, as well as playing guitar/ background vocals for DROPOUT (which produced two studio albums from 2012 to their cessation in early 2018). DRONN’s signature gothic style is energetic and eerie, complete with chapel organs and old-timey harps. The sound is envisioned as Neo-Classical & symphonic, with a high fantasy RPG direction in mind. Gregorio has been at it for over 15 years in Atlanta based metal bands, such as: Let The Night Roar, Gray Ghost, Überchriist, Phalanx, Creation’s End, and Liar’s Parade [to name a few].
Gregorio has drawn upon bands such as Entombed, At the Gates, His Hero is Gone, Catharsis, and Dismember to create the heavy essence in his work. While very different stylistically, the soundtracks of John Carpenter and Alan Howarth have also given him inspiration. Their mentality of driving stories and building upon the emotion with sound can be found in Greg, too. While the music itself is harsh and brooding, Gregorio does find joy in being able to craft these universes with chords & melodies and allow the listener to interpret these fantasies in whatever manner they so choose.
Gregorio actively tours in the southeast United States (in and around Atlanta). He has gone on to do live shows with GosT, Dance With the Dead, Dan Terminus, Daniel Deluxe, and Street Cleaner. In the summer of 2018, Greg made his way to Los Angeles to take part in the Outrun the Sun festival. Franco is no stranger to collaborating on Synthwave compilation albums. He has dropped tracks on 30 Years Later - An AKIRA Tribute, Dark Nights II, Stranger Synths Vol. 1, and Maybe Sometimes People (by MTN ISL).
- STALKER: Scenes From a Slasher Film (November 2013)
- Syndicate: The Heist (October 2014)
- IV (January 2015)
- Sadistic Intent (October 2016)
- STALKER: THE FINAL CUT (November 2016)
- THE DARK BEYOND (July 2017)
- 20XX Volume I: A Tribute to the Music of Mega Man X (Full-Length Edition) (January 2018)
- Quantum Memories (May 2018)
- 20XX Volume II: A Tribute to the Music of Mega Man X (August 2018)
- Driving at Midnight (June 2013)
- FUTURE PAST: A Tribute Collection (March 2014)
- War Machine (May 2017)
- THE VOID KNOWS YOUR NAME (December 2017)
- Escape from New York(Main Theme Tribute) (January 2018)
- ETERNAL NIGHTMARE (March 2018)
- Intro The Crypts of Rays(Celtic Front Cover) (April 2018)
- Sacramental(Arcane Summoning Sequence) (August 2018)